Have you been hurt at work?
The hours and days that immediately follow a work injury are of critical importance. Remember the following tips if you are hurt at work:
- Immediately report the injury to a supervisor/employer/owner;
- Ensure that a WRITTEN report of your accident is made that includes a COMPLETE description of the injuries sustained;
- Seek medical treatment, if necessary.
The insurance company is required, by law, to accept or deny your Workers' Compensation claim within a set period of time.
Whether your claim is accepted or not, know that the insurance company is constantly working behind the scenes to limit the benefits paid to you.
If you have been off work for longer than 30 days without benefits, contact Attorney Barbara Welton for a free consultation of your legal rights.
Workers' Comp Protection
When it comes to workers' compensation, what you don't know can hurt you. That's why Welton Law offers Workers' Compensation Protection AT NO CHARGE.
What does this mean for you? Consider this:
- By the time an injured worker receives notice that the insurer intends to take away benefits, the insurance company has been preparing their case for as long as 3 to 6 months.
- If you're not represented during that time you've played into their hands-even if you continue to receive benefits.
- Most injured workers make the mistake of trusting the insurance adjustor to tell them what to do. But insurance adjustors earn bonuses based on how much money they save the company. This is not the person to trust with your best interests.
Workers' Compensation Protection costs you nothing, and it can make the difference between keeping your benefits or facing an uncertain future. If your case does go to litigation, you'll have the advantage of having followed sound legal counsel from the beginning. You'll also have the confidence of working with an attorney who has known you all along and understands all aspects of your case.
Insurance companies are constantly working to limit benefits paid to you. Make sure you have someone in your corner to protect your rights and to make the insurance company play by the rules. Contact Attorney Barbara Welton for a free evaluation of your case.